Thursday, 13 February 2014

Valintines day meringue

So every year my sister does something cute for her friends and boyfriend in valintines day. Since she no longer lives in the same house as me I decided that I had to take it upon myself to make something cute and yummy this year. So I decided to try my hand at meringue....3 failed attempts later I got these bad boys. They are a mixture or plain, vanilla and almond flavoured.
Receipe
4 egg whites
1 cup of sugar
Table spoon of grinded almonds (for almond ones only)
1/2 tea spoon of almond extract (for almond ones only)
1teaspoon of vanilla extract (for vanilla ones only)
Food colouring
Basically you whip the egg whites then add sugar till it is still and fluffy then you add everything else.
Bake for 45 minutes at 275 degrees.
To shape then I placed them in blobs on a cooking sheet then snapped then with a butter knife. But make sure you don't play with them too much or they won't be as fluffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment