Friday, 11 May 2012

Hearts

So after a long day at work and getting a little frustrated at the latest pattern I am trying to make I got a little inspired by a text my boyfriend sent me. It was just a simple 'I <3 you' message but I got to thinking, I could totally crochet a heart. I've seen tons of patterns for them and they are all very similar so this is the one I used. I also apologize if the photos take a while to load, I am a photographer so I took the opportunity to take a cute picture of my puppy and test out a new camera I am borrowing. (Olympus Pen E-PM1)



  
Big hearts

First side:
Rnd 1: Make 6 sc into a ring.
Rnd 2: sc inc in next st, around (12)
Rnd 3: sc inc in next st, sc in next st, around (18)
Rnd 4: Work even (18)
Finish off

Second side:
Rnd 1: Make 6 sc into a ring.
Rnd 2: sc inc in next st, around (12)
Rnd 3: sc inc in next st, sc in next st, around (18)
Rnd 4: Work even (18)
Rnd 5: Using 2 Sc crochet the two sides together (Sc around) (30)
Rnd 6-7: Work even (30)
Rdn 8: sc in next 7 st, sc next 2 st tog, sc in next 13 st, sc next 2 st tog, sc in next 6 st (28)
Rnd 9: sc in next 6 st, sc next 2 st tog, sc in next 12 st, sc next 2 st tog, sc in next 6 st (26)
Rnd 10: sc in next 5 st, (sc next 2 st tog) 2 times, sc in next 9 st, (sc next 2 st tog) 2 times, sc in next 4 st (22)
Rnd 11: sc in next 4 st, (sc next 2 st tog) 2 times, sc in next 7 st, (sc next 2 st tog) 2 times, sc in next 3 st (18) Stuff firmly.
Rnd 12: sc in next 2 st, (sc next 2 st tog) 3 times, sc in next 3 st, (sc next 2 st tog) 3 times, sc in next st (12) Stuff some more.
Rnd 13: sc in next st, (sc next 2 st tog) 2 times, sc in next 2 st, (sc next 2 st tog) 2 times, sc in next st (8)
Rnd 13: sc in next st, sc next 2 st tog, sc in next 2 st, sc next 2 st tog, sc in next st (6) Fasten off. Carefully stuff the tip, then sew up the hole and weave in the end.

1 comment:

  1. I'm lost after row 4...how am I increasing to 30 st

    ReplyDelete